I've been served with a Notice of Application

What can I do if I have been served with a Notice of Application?

For an overview of the Residential Tenancies Act process, view this flowchart.

If you want to contest the application,

  1. file an affidavit in reply stating the facts on which you will rely in contesting the application. The affidavit must be commissioned before a Commissioner for Oaths. You may attend a court office and have the clerk commission your affidavit.
  2. provide a copy of the affidavit in reply to the landlord before the hearing
  3. attend the hearing.