Is the Other Parent of my Child a Guardian?
You were in an Adult Interdependent Relationship if:
- You and the other party signed an Adult Interdependent Partner Agreement; or
- You and the other party shared each others lives, were emotionally committed to each other and functioned as an economic and domestic unit.
- You functioned as an economic and domestic unit if some of these apply:
- You had a sexual relationship;
- You were exclusive to each other;
- You shared household chores;
- You lived together;
- You told others you were a couple or were common law;
- You were engaged;
- You had a joint bank account;
- You shared expenses;
- You bought things together; or
- You had children together.
For more information, see "Adult Interdependent Relationships