The Civil Division hears most civil claims up to $50,000, subject to the restrictions in the Provincial Court Act, and landlord and tenant disputes under the Residential Tenancies Act and the Mobile Home Site Tenancies Act. The Civil Division also conducts pre-trial conferences and alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Civil claims that cannot be heard in the Provincial Court or exceed $50,000 must be heard in the Court of Queen’s Bench.
- Civil Claims - The Civil Division of the Provincial Court is designed for people to present their legal problems without the need to hire a lawyer.
- Residential Tenancies Process - When there is a serious dispute between a landlord and tenant, there are options available to help parties resolve the dispute.
- Mediation - The Provincial Court Civil Mediation Program is an effective and confidential way to resolve a dispute.
- Videos - What to do and how to behave in Civil Court.
- Flowcharts - Civil Claims Process and Residential Tenancies process.
- Forms & Publications - Forms & Publications that apply to Civil Claims and Residential Tenancies.
Changes to civil claims processes and forms in the Provincial Court are coming January 1st, 2019.