Please note that @KingsBench_AB is the only official Twitter account of the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta.
Social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook are external to the Court and users are bound by their terms and conditions of use. The Court will use social media accounts as an alternative method of sharing the content posted to its external website (https://www.albertacourts.ca/qb).
Content will include, but is not limited to:
- Notification of and links to decisions of interest
- Administrative announcements, changes to legislation, rules, forms and practice notes
- Announcements of new Judicial appointments and retirements
- Notice of Court-sponsored events
- Links to stories about the Court
- Court-authored articles
- Information on access to the Court
- Media releases
The Court cannot offer legal advice or respond to individual questions about personal circumstances or cases via social media. Sending messages to the Court’s Twitter feed or other accounts will not be considered contacting the Court for any official purpose. If you need to contact the Court for an official purpose please visit www.albertacourts.ca/qb or https://www.alberta.ca/contact-court-and-justice-services.aspx to find out who you must contact and when.
The Court’s decision to “follow” or “subscribe” to another social media account or “like”, “re-tweet” or “share” a post from another user does not imply an endorsement of that account, page, site, organization or its content.
The Court reserves the right to delete comments that violate this policy, and the user may be blocked and reported to prevent further inappropriate conduct.
The Court reserves the right to edit or delete comments/replies that:
- Contain personal information;
- Are contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms;
- Express racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting or life-threatening messages;
- Could be in violation of Canadian law;
- Put forward serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations;
- Are aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene or pornographic;
- Are offensive, rude or abusive to an individual or an organization;
- Are not sent by the author or are put forward for advertising purposes;
- Encourage illegal activity;
- Contain announcements from political organizations;
- Are written in a language other than English or French;
- Are unintelligible or irrelevant; and
- Are repetitive or spam.
The Court does not endorse, support or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of content posted by other users on its social media platforms. The Court will not engage in a dialogue via social media. As such, you should not expect a response when replying to tweets or postings from the Court.
Third Party Websites, Content and Advertising
The Court’s posts may display links or ads for websites that are not within the Court’s control. These links are provided solely for the convenience of users. The Court of King's Bench of Alberta is not responsible for the information found through these links or ads, nor does it endorse the sites or their content.